Quality Assurance + Quality Control
“Measure twice. Cut once.” Repeat daily and everywhere.” Oversimplification? Yes. But it sums up our approach to QA/QC nicely, because at Songer we treat QA as a zero-sum game. What’s being built in the moment or throughout the day, week, month or longer requires a rigid yet non-intrusive quality control procedure.
It’s something we’ve perfected over the years and imbued into our culture. While each job has dedicated QA/QC oversight personnel on the jobsite at every stage of the installation, every one of our craftspeople takes what they do daily quite personally.
- Preconstruction project planning
- Multi-discipline QA/QC job plans
- Daily task meetings across active crafts
- Daily safety meetings across all active crafts
- Compliance and code benchmarking, work with engineers, project managers, crafts, subcontractors
- Daily inspection (announced, unannounced) of jobs in progress
- Daily reporting and, if necessary, remediation
- Certified Weld Inspectors
- Non-destructive testing / mag particle and liquid penetrate
- Project turnover reporting
- Welder testing
- Develop weld procedure and qualify welders
- Documentation punchlist development and project closeout